Friday, March 12, 2010

Eventful day

I will try to post more often since I seem to have acquired a few followers.

I started oput the day yesterday with my trip to the psychiatrist. I bemoaned my lack of friendships, and he told me that I needed to tell people up front what I expected from a relationship. I always thought that friends did for each other without being tols or asked, but guess I was misinformed.
 Went at lunch time to the NH, spent some time with Craig and then attended the care plan meeting. I asked for weekly updates from Hospice, and once again complained about the incidents where Craig seemed to be either having a seizure or in pain. Apparently nothing in the chart despite my repeated requests to have it checked out.

Down the hall to see Craig again, and after being with him few only a few minutes he starts to get aggitated, and begins the all too familiar epsiode. This time it is so intense, a nurse runs around the corner to see what the noise is, and I pull the nursing supervisor out of her office. he is shaking uncontrollably, arching his back, hyperventilalting, eyes are bulging out and grimacing. NOW he has everyones attention! they take his vitals, BP is at 72 over 60 and someone finds the PA for our doc in the next wing.

 Now comes the really cute part: the NS asks about what medds and what schwedule he is on. The charge nurse tells her he is on Depakote 2x day at 8am and 8pm. I ask what the med was she gave on the way out of the lunch room. She says did not give him a med. I say then what was that you stopped me to give him. She says Magic cup. I say no the stuff n the med cup mixed with applesauce. She admits it was his Depakote.
When NS asks why he was getting at 1pm she says she was busy and had just gortten around to it!

 So the doctor is now looking into changing meds.And now everyone knows what I have been compalining about for weeks. They can no longer think it is just my overactive imagination. I feel better that now they will do something about the pain he has been dealing with.

 I know that he is not is such great shape, but there is never a reason to suffer because someone just won't listen.

 Waiting to hear from Doc. Will let you know what happens .

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Craig had another event but glad that the NH finally acknowledge the event and are going to get to the bottom of it. Your a great advocate for your husband. Hope things get a little easier for you soon. You and your family are in my prayers. gslady

    ReplyDelete